Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homemade Laundry Soap

One box Borax

One box Super Washing Soda

Half bar grated Fels Naphtha ( I use our cheese grater)



Combine ingredients in a Tupperware.
Tightly put on lid.
Shake (kids love this part).

Use about two tablespoons per load. I have a plastic salt shaker bottom that I use as my scoop.

You can also add 1/4 of a cup of vinegar to the fabric softener spot or downy ball. If you worry about the smell of vinegar don't. Once you line dry it there is no more vinegar smell.

I find all the ingredients at Publixs.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I always thought I would try making this, but thought I would never find all the ingredients. Thanks for letting me know where to find everything. So, how's it work? Does it get stains out?

Mar said...

It gets out stains as good as the generic laundry soap I used to buy. I wait to long to wash things so I have a hard time getting stains out.