These hold true for Jesup,Ga as well. Where some one's inlaws( Hi She) actually use these phrases
Things I learned About Florida
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Florida ..
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Florida ..
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. 'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.
7. 'Jaw-P?' means, 'Did y'all go to the bathroom?
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. 'Fixinto' is one word.
10. There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.
12. Backwards and forwards means, 'I know everything about you.'
13. The word 'jeet' is actually a phrase meaning, 'Did you eat ?'
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH EM.
16. You measure distance in minutes.
17. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day..
18. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
19. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
20. You carry jumper cables in your car --- for your OWN car.
21. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
22. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football.
23. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
24. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm..'
25. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
26. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as'goin' Wal-Martin' or 'off to Wally World.'
27. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good hog killin' weather.
28. Fried catfish is the other white meat
I did not write this. It was fowarded to me by my future SIL. The writer is unknown to me.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
We use the power wheels to do farm chores. Today we cleaned the chicken coops and used the Gator to get the mess to the compost pile.
Daddy fixed them both. The four wheeler was bought broke and he figured out how to fix it. The gator only had slow forward so he used a power wheel we got for the dump for parts and now it has more speeds then it had from the factory. I couldn't be prouder.
This was science class last week. We went magnet fishing. We learned about magnet poles. What magnets stick to. We also learned about force and angles because you need to be able to throw it directly at a fish. The joys of homeschooling.