Thursday, October 9, 2008

Valuable life lesson

This is one of the last picture my camera every took 3/23/08


This is one of the first 3/29/06
The valuable life lesson is don't smash your camera into the kitchen counter.
It has been on the outs for some time. I used to be able to get it to work if I hit it with my hand. Well yesterday couldn't get it to work so I hit it into the counter. Bad idea, I smashed the screen.
What I realized is my camera has been through so much. It was almost a member of the family. It has been to the birth of 2 of my nephews, the wedding of my SIL, Christmases, birthdays, vacations, countless family gatherings, and it even served a tour a duty in Iraq with my husband.
I am a little saddened by the death. Luckily God causes all things to work together for the good (maybe I'll get a better one for Christmas).
Sony CyberShot
Beloved camera
2/06-10/08





2 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

My camera that died last year after being 'dropped' (not pounded) on the concrete was a Sony Cybershot, too!

It was a good camera --a battery hog -- but a good camera. MamaWeso helped me find one on E-Bay that has really been a good one and CHEAP!

Your girls have grown sooooo much!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, we both mourn! My computer, given to me by some very special people, passed away on October 9. We are buying a new part for it next week, hopefully, that will do it. It figures that as soon as I begin to use it in earnest for the Lord, our enemy sends his highly technological minions to mess with it! Did I look funny praying over that machine? You tell me. I only know that every other thing I pray over is affected, why not the machine the Bible clearly describes? Have a happy day, my number one family members!