Friday, May 15, 2009

B is for....

I was thinking of doing the whole alphabet for the farm but realized it would be a huge pain to come up with an x,y and z. We don't have Xenipirostris (genus of birds from Madagascar), yaks, or zebras. yet.

We are afraid of the bees so we haven't gotten any honey. I do see them all over my squash plants and I have at least 2 squash per plant so they are doing their job nicely. They have not stung anyone and if you go near their hive they don't get angry or anything. They are docile (for bees).

Keep praying for M. She still can't feel or move her lip.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I think it is so cool that you have bees! My grandfather kept bees and sold the honey from them when I was a girl. Good stuff.

Meg in Tally said...

Okay...I'm finally caught up! Why in the world can't I post such short, sweet posts? Why do I have to be so wordy? I don't know. But I'm gonna learn! I'll take lessons from Mar!

allhisblessings said...

How fun! My girls and hubby just went last week to his friend's house to do honey collections. The girls just watched from a little distance, but my hubby helped. He wore a netting on his head, but everything else was exposed. Only a few stings, but tons of honey! And beeswax. Cool stuff.