Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We did it


The chicken in this pot was raised here on the farm. A few weeks ago he got into a fight with a much bigger rooster. He broke his leg. He never heal properly.
This was very emotional for me but a necessity of life. Why is eating a chicken that spent his whole life in a overcrowded chick house is easier for me? I know this chicken lived a good life. But I guess that is the problem I knew this chicken.
We are now a step closer to being self sufficient. Now if only I could grow anything. or sew. or make good bread.or... or... or.. OK so it a long way off. At least we are getting there.

3 comments:

Laura said...

One step at a time. I'm proud of you!

Meg in Tally said...

For the bread, may I suggest a breadmaker? I LOVE mine!

Sorry about the chickie...Did you have to kill it -- or did you leave that for someone else?

Kara said...

I'm proud of you. Now, if & when we ever need to do the same thing, I can come to you for advise!!