Saturday, December 6, 2008

Home Church.

A dear friend asked me what home church is like. So I thought it would make a great post.

Church starts at 10:00 and is only 5 minutes from my home(and hers). The perfect church distance.
After greeting each other. We get coffee in spill proof cups because the children range in age from 1 to 9 so spilling is a high probability.
We all go into to the living room for worship. The leader's wife is very talented on the guitar and her voice is beautiful. We sing 3 or 4 children's songs then we sing a few adult songs.
Then we have communion. Which consists of prayer, pita and juicy juice. At this point the children have the option to stay and listen or go into the play room.
The leader then gives his talk which lasts until about 11:45, they are topical. Last weekend we learned about being thankful IN the situation. He usually gives a lot of personal examples. You learn a lot about people when they run bible study. At the end we usually spend a few minutes discussing what we just learned.
During the last few minutes you can smell the lunch warming in the oven. We then all go into the kitchen to eat and have fellowship. Luckily for me the other women are great cooks. I have never had a lunch that wasn't delicious. I was in charge of the lasagna last weekend. Everybody ate so it was at least edible.
I normally get home are 1:00 or so. I always come home feeling like I leaned something. I would recomend giving a home church a try. You never know you might really like it.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for the description. We might give it a try one of these Sundays. It is so conveniently located!!

allhisblessings said...

Hey! I didn't know you were blogging, but now that I've found you I'll add you to my list! I'm so glad you've found a great fellowship to be a part of. That's awesome!

Laura said...

Well, I didn't know you were going to a home church! That's cool.

megntally said...

Small fellowships are soooo sweet! For me, some of the best spiritual growth came from special times like those.